At Cranbrook Toyota, we treat you like family. We have always been thought of as being a premier auto dealership for our customer and community. We are seeking a Journeyman Technician who’d like to grow with us into our state-of-the-art facility, set to open this summer!
A Toyota Journeyman Technician is responsible for the inspection and maintenance of external customer and internal dealership vehicles. Excellent technical and customer service skills will define you as an individual who does what is right for the customer and contributes to our dealership’s strategic customer service focus. Continuous improvement of your skills by participating in the Dealership and Manufacturer’s educational opportunities, including reading of technical publications is key to your growth with our Team.
- Analyze work orders to identify what work has been agreed; seek clarification from the Service Advisor if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
- Evaluate the condition of the vehicle
- Document completed work orders, ensuring hours and materials used are accurately and appropriately recorded and all warranty material is kept and returned to the Warranty Clerk and Parts Department
- Perform repair work as directed, within timelines and in accordance with established and documented procedures, as well as conducting routine service work on all makes of vehicle
- Reconditioning the dealership’s pre-owned vehicles, including performing light-duty technician and maintenance repairs
- Determine which parts and tools will be required for a given repair or service and ensure their availability
- Inform the Service Advisor and the Parts department if a part needs to be ordered
- Ensure the security of all inventories and analyze the quality of parts
- Test vehicles and provide diagnostic reports to the Service Advisor or Shop Foreman
- If further work is required alert the Service Advisor and follow the necessary steps for making sure the customer is contacted.
- Observe, recognize and report on vehicle and component serviceability
- Ensure vehicles comply with industry safety standards when returned to customer and any faults have been reported and noted on the repair order
- Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation of the retailer
- Interact directly with customers when requested, to explain vehicle problems and the corrective action taken in a professional manner
- Safeguard and protect the customer's vehicle and its contents while being repaired or serviced, ensuring the adequate protection is used in every vehicle during service and repair
- Minimize wastage of all materials, oils and fluids
- Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager
- Supervise and train apprentice technicians as requested
- Drive and road-test vehicles in a safe and professional manner with due regard to speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians
- 2+ years of experience as a used car technician preferred
- Experience working in a high-volume dealership preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Excellent team-player
- Professional in appearance and grooming
- Ability to work in warm & cold weather conditions
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM plus rotating Saturdays
Preference will be given to those whose experience and attitude best reflects the Cranbrook Community Culture
Cranbrook Toyota welcomes your interest in this opportunity. Interested applicants please respond to this ad. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
“Cranbrook Toyota is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promoting, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.”