ATTENTION ALL DIESEL TECHNICIANS!!
Mainland Ford is seeking a full time Diesel Technician to join their team!
About The Role
The Diesel Technician contributes to the operational efficiency of the shop by maintaining, repairing and diagnosing vehicles in accordance to Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer guidelines, ensuring that our customer visits meet and exceed expectations.
Schedule : Full Time
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Diagnose, repair and perform maintenance requirements in accordance to manufacturer guidelines
- Perform duties as outlined on repair orders and discuss status with service advisors
- Perform road tests on all vehicles in which repairs, diagnostics and maintenance has been performed
- Record all pertinent information clearly on completed repair order
- Ensure internal/external customer vehicles are protected by using proper covers, such as seat, floor and fender covers
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting service, repairs, vehicle status and future repair requirements into DMS system
- Make use of all resources available including team leaders, when required
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and notifying Service Management of equipment condition
- Remain abreast on product knowledge, manufacturer updates, bulletins and recalls, and technical knowledge
- Achieve and maintain CSI and fixed right the first time scores above regional/target averages
- Diagnose and report existing conditions and additional repairs to the appropriate parties
- Communicate effectively with Service and Parts staff
- Road test vehicle(s) as required to identify concerns and ensure quality control
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop and service department
- Assist colleagues with maintenance repairs
- Provide written, prioritized quotes for necessary recommendations to service repair
- Valid Red Seal or equivalent certification
- Desire to exceed customer expectations through a “Fix it right the first time” attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of technical repairs and procedures
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 13 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Mainland Ford is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.