Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies?
Langley Chrysler is looking for an experienced and professional Fixed Operations Manager to join our team!
About The Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the Fixed Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations management within the Service Department to maximize profitability, and deliver exceptional customer service. The Fixed Ops Manager focuses on ensuring the service writing, reporting and delivery process is maintained in an efficient and customer friendly focused manner.
Schedule : Full-Time
Remuneration : Competitive Salary (depending upon experience)
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create sales goals and objectives for the department, which includes a marketing plan to promote new and repeat business
- Provide training and real-time coaching to Service Advisors and Service support staff on administering policies, procedures and sales strategies
- Ensure Service Technicians and Service Advisors are kept up to date on manufacturer campaigns, bulletins and outstanding recalls
- Ensure Service Technicians and Service Advisors maintain their manufacturer training guidelines
- Host routine departmental meetings to increase training and development in an effort to grow the department
- Keep up to date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures while serving as a liaison with factory representatives
- Maintain the highest Customer Service Index rating from customers by handling all customer discrepancies immediately and according to dealership policy
- Efficiently assist customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service
- Ascertain automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarify description of problems; conduct inspections; take test drives; check vehicle maintenance records; examine service schedules.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers, explaining provisions and exclusions
- Prepare repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates on the cost of labour and parts
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation
- Automotive Red Seal certification
- Chrysler certified would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience as a Service Manager role for an OEM Auto Dealership
- Strong leadership characteristics, with a strong emphasis on the ability to motivate and inspire teams
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge and business acumen of Automotive dealership working
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 13 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Langley Chrysler is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.