ATTENTION: ALL AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIANS!!
Abbotsford Mazda is currently seeking an Automotive Service Technician.
If you have passion for the automotive industry and enjoy being in a busy shop, this opportunity is for you!!
The Service Technician contributes to the operational efficiency of the shop by maintaining, repairing and diagnosing vehicles in accordance with Trotman Auto Group (TAG) and manufacturer guidelines, ensuring that our customer visits meet and exceed expectations.
Schedule: Full Time
Wage - $36 -$40/hour
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with TAG and manufacturer policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Diagnoses, repairs and performs maintenance requirements in accordance to manufacturer guidelines
- Performs duties as outlined on repair orders and discuss status with Service Advisors
- Performs road tests on all vehicles in which repairs, diagnostics and maintenance has been performed
- Records all pertinent information clearly on completed repair order
- Ensures internal/external customer vehicles are protected by using proper covers, such as seat, floor and fender covers
- Maintains vehicle records by documenting service, repairs, vehicle status and future repair requirements into DMS system
- Makes use of all resources available including team leaders, when required
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and notifying Service Management of equipment condition
- Remains abreast on product knowledge, manufacturer updates, bulletins and recalls, and technical knowledge
- Achieves and maintains CSI and fixed right the first time scores above regional/target averages
- Diagnoses and reports existing conditions and additional repairs to the appropriate parties
- Communicates effectively with Service and Parts staff
- Road test vehicles as required to identify concerns and ensure quality control
- Assists in housekeeping of the shop and service department
- Assists colleagues with maintenance repairs
- Provides written, prioritized quotes for necessary recommendations to service repair
What we need from you:
- Journeyman Red Seal Technician Certification
- Mazda Trained would be an asset
- Pride in workmanship and confidence in your abilities
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with clean driver's abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 14 major OEM brands through 12 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Abbotsford Mazda is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.