Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Trotman Auto Group is currently seeking a Controller. This is a great opportunity for an individual with an accounting background to gain valuable experience. If you possess a high level of professionalism, a positive attitude, an attention to detail, initiative and the drive to succeed, let’s chat!
About the Role:
Supported by the Chief Financial Officer, this role is accountable for the accounting and payroll functions within the dealership; to include the production of periodic financial reports, processing various general ledger transactions, maintenance of employee benefits applicable to the Dealership personnel and administration and process of payroll.
Schedule: Full-time - Monday to Friday
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of recent experience in an accounting role
- Dealership experience is required
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- The ability to self-manage oneself in a fast paced and deadline-oriented role
- Strong communication skills
- Tech Savvy - MS Office applications, Outlook
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 14 major OEM brands through 12 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Trotman Auto Group is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.