ATTENTION 3RD/4TH YEAR AUTOMOTIVE APPRENTICE TECHNICIANS!!
Abbotsford Mazda is seeking an Apprentice Technician to join their team!
About the Role
The responsibilities of the mechanic apprentice include inspecting vehicles, performing basic repairs, ordering parts. As an apprentice, you will be working under our experienced Mechanics to learn the trade and advance your career. To be a successful apprentice you must have a strong attention to detail, clean work habits, understand time management and be able to multitask.
Schedule : Full-Time
Wage: $26 - $32/hour (Dependent On Certification Level and Experience)
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow manufacturer checklists to inspect and test vehicles.
- Perform standard mechanical repairs such as changing brake pads, oil changes and tires.
- Learning repair techniques under the supervision of the mechanic.
- Quoting labor, time and parts cost estimates.
- Testing vehicles before and after repair procedures.
- Maintaining the workshop and customer areas and keeping inventory areas well-organized
Qualifications & Skills:
- A completed third or fourth year apprenticeship certificate in auto mechanics.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be familiar with operating both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Strong understanding of mechanics.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Physical fitness and stamina to stoop, crawl and work laying down.
- Observation of all WorkSafe BC rules and guidelines mandatory.
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 14 major OEM brands through 12 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Abbotsford Mazda is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.