Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies?
Mainland Ford is seeking an experienced Automotive Service Advisor to join their team. If you have a proven track record of success as a Service Advisor and are looking for a fun, positive team environment, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
The Automotive Service Advisor provides excellent customer service to all Service clients by initiating automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems. The Service Advisor verifies warranty and service contract coverage, develops estimates of work required, and writes repair orders and maintains records.
Schedule: Two week rotating shifts ; Monday to Friday – Tuesday to Saturday schedule
Remuneration: Salary plus commission (between $50k -$100k+ per annum) *Note that our top advisor made $114k last year.
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all Service clients
- Recommend repairs and maintenance by listening to customer description of problems
- Examine service history for each customer to determine recommended maintenance and repair
- Perform multi-point inspections on all customer vehicles upon service write up process
- Compile quotes for recommended repairs and/or maintenance by utilizing MPI Software
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and explain any provisions and exclusions to customers
- Practice a consistent and thorough follow up process to ensure customers are kept up to date on vehicle condition and status
- Prepare clear and concise repair orders and obtain approval signatures
- Enter repair orders into service database system and monitor progress
- Communicate effectively with Service Technicians to ensure all information is retrieved, documented and communicated with clients on vehicle conditions
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience as a Service Advisor
- Domestic OEM Brand Dealer experience is preferred but not required
- Superior customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 14 major OEM brands through 12 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Mainland Ford is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.