Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Mainland Ford is currently seeking an individual familiar with auto body estimating and repairs to join their team as an Auto Body Collision Estimator. If you pride yourself on your customer service skills, have impeccable attention to detail, and thrive in a team-oriented environment, this is the role for you.
About the Role
The Auto Body Collision Estimator is responsible for inspecting vehicles to provide a collision estimate on necessary repairs, follows guidelines that determines the extent of damages as well as what should be charged for repair work, and creates estimation repair orders and documents.
Schedule: Full Time
Wage: $55,000 - $80,000/year (Dependent on Experience)
Get up to $2,000 in signing bonus!
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ascertains collision and mechanical problems by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; arranging road tests with necessary parties
- Perform a detailed inspection of damaged area to provide a detail oriented estimate
- Determines feasibility of repair or replacement of parts according to familiarity with relative costs and extent of damage
- Enter itemized estimate on repair orders and review with customer and/or insurance company
- Complete all estimates from Technicians and Parts Department for insurance and customer review and documentation
- Maintain open communication with the Body Shop Parts Representative
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation
- Ensure all vehicles entering into service are key tagged appropriately and a floor mat is placed in the vehicle
- Ensure all key tags have the full appropriate documentation, i.e. RO#, license plate #, year & model, vehicle color etc.
- Perform a visual inspection on all customer vehicles prior to active service delivery
- Accept payment and review invoice with all clients once service is complete and vehicle is to be picked up
- Communicate with internal/external customers in a timely fashion regarding recommended repair/maintenance by Technicians
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience as a Body Shop Estimator and proven track record with ICBC
- Previous experience working in a medium to large size Body Shop is an asset
- Technical knowledge of Body Shop parts and repairs is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Computer Skills - MS Office applications, Outlook
- Valid BC Class 5 or 7 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 14 major OEM brands through 12 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Having successfully retained our status as a Gold Standard Winner in 2023, the Best Managed program award winners demonstrate leadership in the areas of strategy, culture, innovation, governance and financial performance.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Mainland Ford is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.