ATTENTION ALL APPRENTICE TECHNICIANS!
Comox Valley Toyota is seeking a First or Second Year Apprentice Technician to join their team!
About the Role:
The responsibilities of the mechanic apprentice include inspecting vehicles, performing basic repairs, ordering parts. As an apprentice, you will be working under our experienced Mechanics to learn the trade and advance your career. To be a successful apprentice you must have a strong attention to detail, clean work habits, understand time management and be able to multitask.
Schedule: Full-time; Permanent
Wage: $18 - $22/hour
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow manufacturer checklists to inspect and test vehicles.
- Perform standard mechanical repairs such as changing brake pads, oil changes and tires.
- Learning repair techniques under the supervision of the mechanic.
- Quoting labor, time and parts cost estimates.
- Testing vehicles before and after repair procedures.
- Maintaining the workshop and customer areas and keeping inventory areas well-organized
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A completed first or second year apprenticeship certificate in auto mechanics.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be familiar with operating both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Strong understanding of mechanics.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Physical fitness and stamina to stoop, crawl and work laying down.
- Observation of all WorkSafeBC BC rules and guidelines mandatory.
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 4 years in a row! We have also been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Comox Valley Toyota is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.