Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Mainland Ford is currently looking for a Full-time Body Shop Prepper Painter. The Body Shop Prepper/Deatler/Helper contributes to the operational efficiency of the Collision department by prepping vehicles and executing repair and painting jobs on exterior vehicle surfaces. If you take pride in your work, enjoy working with a close-knit team, and are looking for a company that empowers your growth and development, this is the opportunity for you!
Position: Full Time - Monday to Friday
Wage: $20-$25 per hour - based on experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prep, prime, and sand vehicles while ensuring an even surface
- Mask and tape details and components to avoid contamination and select the appropriate colors and substances for painting
- Use paint sprayers and brushes to apply paint to the vehicle, determining the necessary application of paint for a thorough coat and checking for runs or sags in the paint frequently
- Perform detailing services to body surfaces (i.e. cut and polish, wet sanding)
- Communicate effectively with the Body Shop Team Leader regarding vehicle status and condition
- Handle all repair and painting equipment in a safe manner
- Remain up to date on market and trade trends and regulatory training
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop and keep own bay clean
- Comply with Trotman Auto Group policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Additional duties as outlined by management
- Previous experience in body work or detailing
- Education in autobody or prepper refinishing an asset
- Ability to work outdoors and stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to receive directions and work well with others
- Class 5 driver license in good standing
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as “TAG”, is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 4 years in a row! We have also been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
We are in the business of people and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Mainland Ford is proudly an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.